- Amenorrhea symptoms
- Amenorrhea reasons
- Treatment of the Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea from Latin - from and - denial and the Greek men - month, rheo - I flow. An amenorrhea is called absence monthly, periods during long term about 5-6 months at women whose age exceeds 16 years and up to 45 years. By experience of doctors an amenorrhea a consequence of various disturbances in the woman's organism. Such as physiological, biochemical disturbances and of course emotional and psychological state affects. Amenorrhea this gynecologic disease. It is accepted to distinguish two types of an amenorrhea a true and false amenorrhea. Also distinguish a physiological, pathological amenorrhea and primary, secondary amenorrhea.
* Lack of periods, infertility. The last is defined as not approach of pregnancy for one year of regular sex life (on average 2 times a week) without contraception. The probability of spontaneous approach of pregnancy at a syndrome of premature exhaustion of ovaries makes 5%.
* The symptoms caused by deficit of estrogen. Heat inflows, night perspiration, differences of mood, a dispareuniya, decrease in a libido concern to them.
* Specific displays of the individual diseases which led to an amenorrhea (characteristic outward at Turner's syndrome, a galactorrhoea at a giperprolaktinemiya, a hirsutism etc.).
The amenorrhea reasons various - from hereditary syndromes (Turner, Kallmann) to acquired diseases (a prolaktinom, nervous anorexia). Insufficiency of ovaries and malformations of a uterus is the most frequent reasons of primary amenorrhea (> 60% of cases).
The most part of cases of a secondary amenorrhea is connected with a giperprolaktinemiya (15-30%), a giperandrogeniya of various genesis, a syndrome of premature exhaustion of ovaries (10%).
Treatment of the Amenorrhea:
* Replacement therapy by estrogen (except for cases of lack of a uterus - in a combination from gestagena) is shown at primary and secondary hypogonadism. It is carried out at least to the age corresponding to natural approach of a menopause (about 50 years).
* Specific therapy of the diseases which caused an amenorrhea (dofaminomimetik at a giperprolaktinemiya, surgical treatment at hormonal and inactive adenomas of a hypophysis, anti-androgenic therapy etc.).
* Treatment of complications of a hypogonadism (osteoporosis, urogenital frustration).
* Auxiliary reproductive technologies (extracorporal fertilization) at many diseases proceeding with primary and secondary amenorrhea allow to plan pregnancy.