Drug addiction (drug addiction)
- Symptoms of Drug addiction (drug addiction)
- Reasons of Drug addiction (drug addiction)
- Treatment of Drug addiction (drug addiction)
Drug addiction (from Greek /narkz/— catalepsy, a dream, and /mania/— madness, passion, an inclination.) — the chronic progreduated disease caused by the use of narcotic substances.
On classification of MKB-10 it belongs to diagnoses of the V class, to the block the mental disorders and disorders of behavior connected with the use of psychoactive agents, categories from F11.0 on F14.9.
Also the term "toxicomania" is used — usually it means dependence on substances which are not carried by the law to drugs.
Symptoms of Drug addiction (drug addiction):
The phase current with existence in the structure of several step by step the forming syndromes is characteristic of drug addiction:
1. a syndrome of the changed reactivity,
2. syndrome of mental dependence,
3. the syndrome of physical dependence, these three syndromes combine in the general narcotic syndrome,
4. syndrome of effects of a chronic narcotization.
The main symptom of drug addiction is developing of an abstinence syndrome as consequences of existence of physical dependence on specific substance.
Reasons of Drug addiction (drug addiction):
"the syndrome of deficit of satisfaction" is the main reason for drug addiction. This certain combination of genes at which it is difficult for person to feel comfortable. The people suffering from deficit of satisfaction since the childhood unconsciously look for ways to compensate this shortage by different types of behavior, and at teenage or already adult age at a certain combination of circumstances quite often resort to the help of psychoactive agents which help them to derive desirable pleasure and pleasure.
Also one of the reasons is "the wrong family" where education is carried out or one of parents or where there is a having atmosphere developing in the house, lack of emotional proximity and trust of members of household to each other. There are also drug addict families where one or both parents have drug addiction. The probability of familiarizing with bad addictions at children from such families increases twice.
Treatment of Drug addiction (drug addiction):
Treatment of severe forms of drug addiction (for example, addictions to heroin) in most cases does not result in success. The techniques applied in specialized clinics are efficient only in case of an active position of the most sick. But also in such cases after recovery a recurrence is frequent.
- The first stage of treatment includes stopping of an abstinence syndrome and holding the disintoxication actions directed to normalization of somatoneurologic disturbances and correction of mental disorders.
- At the second stage treatment is directed to a complete recovery of exchange disturbances, behavioural frustration and normalization of a mental state (including a dream).
- The third stage of treatment consists in identification of the main syndrome of mental dependence and performing purposeful therapy. Definition of psychopathological registration of a morbid attraction to drugs and features of its dynamics means (periodic, constant).
- The fourth stage consists in definition of conditions of emergence of a recurrence of a disease for the purpose of purpose of an antirecurrent maintenance therapy.