- Symptoms of the Syndrome of Felti
- Reasons of the Syndrome of Felti
- Treatment of the Syndrome of Felti
Felti's syndrome – the special visceral and joint form of rhematoid polyarthritis proceeding with damage of lymph nodes, significant increase in a spleen and a leukopenia. It averages from 1 to 5% of all cases of rhematoid polyarthritis.
Symptoms of the Syndrome of Felti:
* a joint syndrome – polyarthritis of small peripheral joints;
* the progressing increase in a spleen (more than four times) – its lower pole can reach the level of a navel and be defined at a palpation, but in certain cases increase in a spleen is a late sign;
* the generalizoyovanny lymphadenopathy occurs at 50% of patients;
* increase in a liver, occasionally – portal hypertensia;
* dark pigmentation of open parts of a body, shin ulcer;
* rhematoid small knots, Shegren's syndrome;
* diffusion leyogochny fibrosis and other vistseropatiya.
Reasons of the Syndrome of Felti:
The reason of a syndrome of Felti is unknown. Some patients with a pseudorheumatism can have this syndrome, and at some – no.
Treatment of the Syndrome of Felti:
* glucocorticoids and cytostatics;
* for treatment of rhematoid polyarthritis in some cases gold drugs are shown;
* a splenectomy – removal of a spleen at inefficiency of conservative therapy;
* symptomatic therapy and prevention of complications.