- Symptoms of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy
- Reasons of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy
- Treatment of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy
The diphtheritic polyneuropathy is — the group of the diseases of a peripheral nervous system which are characterized by diffusion defeat of the peripheral nerve fibrils which are a part of various nerves, arising against the background of diphtheria.
Symptoms of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy:
The diphtheritic polyneuropathy arises under the influence of exotoxin which, getting into peripheral neurons, breaks myelin protein synthesis that after stage of latency leads to demyelination of cranial nerves and nervous roots. The probability of development and weight of a polyneuropathy depend on expressiveness of toxicosis during an initial stage of a disease. Paralysis of a soft palate, disturbance of sensitivity in a throat, decrease in a gag reflex develop on 3 — the 4th week from the beginning of a disease. On 4 — the 5th week accommodation disturbance, on 5 — — paralysis of muscles of a throat, throat, a diaphragm appears the 7th week. Damage of facial, acoustical nerves, a motive portion of trigeminal, additional and hypoglossal nerves is possible.
Reasons of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy:
The etiological agent - a diphtheritic stick (Corynebacterium
Treatment of the Diphtheritic polyneuropathy:
- anti-toxic serum in an acute stage (it is desirable to the 48th hour)
- the supporting and symptomatic therapy (corticosteroids and a plasma exchange are inefficient)
- during recovery remedial gymnastics, massage, physiotherapy