- Symptoms of the Syndrome of Horner
- Reasons of the Syndrome of Horner
- Treatment of the Syndrome of Horner
Horner's syndrome, Bernard's syndrome — Horner, an okulosimpatichesky syndrome — the clinical syndrome caused by defeat of a sympathetic nervous system.
Symptoms of the Syndrome of Horner:
Symptoms are shown on the party of defeat, generally on a face:
* a ptosis (a blepharoptosis owing to an insufficient sympathetic innervation of an upper tarzalny muscle (musculus tarsalis superior), or Müller's muscle), "the turned ptosis" (a small raising of a lower eyelid);
* miosis (narrowing of a pupil),
* pathology of the dilatator of a pupil (dilatator pupillae) (it leads to weak reaction of a pupil to light).
* enophthalmos (sticking of an eyeglobe),
* a dyshydrosis (disturbance of a potovydeleniye) on the struck side of a face, decrease in expressiveness of a ciliospinal reflex, an injection (vasodilatation) of a conjunctiva and a dermahemia of the person on the party corresponding to defeat.
At children Horner's syndrome sometimes leads to a heterochromia (different color of an iris of the eye at eyes). It occurs because lack of a sympathetic innervation interferes with melaninovy pigmentation of the melanocytes which are in a basis (stroma) of an iris (Latin of stroma iridis).
Reasons of the Syndrome of Horner:
Horner's syndrome is got as a result of pathological process, the way is also possible inborn or iatrogenic (as a result of medical intervention). Though the majority of the reasons are rather high-quality, Horner's syndrome can testify to serious pathology in a neck or a thorax (for example, Pankost's tumor (a lung top tumor) or thyroid and cervical venous dilatation).
* Because of damage or a prelum of a cervical or chest sympathetic chain on the one hand owing to what there are symptoms on ipsilateralny (the same where damage) side of a body.
* Lateral medullary syndrome
* Cluster headache
* The injury — the neck bases, usually stupid injury, can be surgical.
* Inflammation of a middle ear.
* Tumors — most often a brokhogenny carcinoma of a top of a lung (Pankost's tumor).
* Aortic aneurysm.
* Neurofibromatosis of the I type.
* Craw (hyperplasia of a thyroid gland).
* Stratification of an aortic aneurysm.
* Carcinoma of a thyroid gland.
* Multiple sclerosis.
* Draft of a star-shaped nerve knot because of an additional cervical edge
* Paralysis Dezherin-Klyumpka.
* Thrombosis of a cavernous sine.
* Sympathectomy (section of a sympathetic nerve of a neck).
* Blockade of nerves, for example block ode of a cervical plexus, blockade of a star-shaped ganglion.
* As a drainage complication across Byulau.
Treatment of the Syndrome of Horner:
Treatment of this disease consists in that muscles, nerves to force to work. The recovery technique includes use of a method - a neurostimulation mioa. The essence of this method consists in impact of an impulse of current on the affected nerve or a muscle. There is an involvement of cross-striped and smooth muscle cells of the eye device and nerve fibrils. The method of such "massive attack" well studies and prepares for regular loading even the weakest muscles.
The procedure is performed by means of electrodes. Painful feelings take place, but thanks to activation of a metabolism, improvement of blood circulation and a lymph drainage, muscles begin to work.