Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia)
- Symptoms of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia)
- Reasons of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia)
- Treatment of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia)
Asthenopia (visual exhaustion) - the functional disturbances which are followed by the unpleasant feelings in eyes (gripes, burning, feeling of sand, reddening, sight misting, etc.) arising after hard visual work.
Was considered earlier that eyesight is damaged if to watch much TV and to read in the dark and moving transport. Now one more harmful factor - the computer was added.
In 1998 with the USA the American physicians entered into use the new term - a computer visual syndrome (Computer Vision Syndrome, CVS). CVS - a specific vision disorder at the people spending much time in front of the computer screen. It is considered that this syndrome daily arises at 40% of the people working at the computer, and periodically - at 92% of users. Often the workplace is correct and rational to organize impossibility (patches of light on the monitor screen from external sources, the wrong distance from eyes to the screen, the unsuccessful choice of flowers, excessively big brightness of the screen) aggravate a situation.
Despite preventions of doctors, many of us will see off till 8 o'clock in days in front of the computer at work of the house or in game club.
Symptoms of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia):
Aged people from 12 to 40 years are most subject to a computer visual syndrome. The main complaints are:
* burning sensation in eyes,
* feeling of sand in eyes,
* pains in eye-sockets and a forehead,
* oxycinesias of eyes,
* reddening of eyes,
* doubling in eyes (diplopia),
* delay of refocusing from near objects on distant and back (accommodation disturbance),
* deterioration in sight,
* bystry fatigue when reading,
* Makkalakh's effect: at transfer of a view from the monitor of a black or white subject, it gets a shade of color which dominated on the monitor.
Reasons of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia):
Doctors long looked for the proof that the computer injures an eye, but did not find. It does not cause either a cataract, or glaucoma. The only change which can happen - will develop or will amplify short-sightedness.
Specialists counted five main reasons for harmful effects of the computer on eyes:
* Pixel structure of the image. On the monitor of the computer moves not in the form of continuous lines, and in the form of microscopic points.
* Constant pryamonapravlenny luminescence of the screen. The reflected light which we usually observe in the lit room is more natural to eyes. When rays of light from the computer "arrest" directly attention, they do harm to a brain as the exhaustion of sight is and exhaustion of a brain.
* Monitors often have low contrast. Because of this eye strain more and stronger are tired.
* Our sight is influenced by blinking of the monitor. Who at least long looked once at the blinking lamp, noticed, probably, as it begins to irritate. Also the computer has the same effect.
* Sight is worsened by patches of light on the monitor. They appear in the form of reflection of other shining objects.
The negative impact is exerted by incorrectly chosen distance from eyes to the screen, unsuccessful colors. Besides, eyes are tired quicker when it is necessary to move constantly a view from the screen of the keyboard or standard sheet.
Major factors of risk of development of an asthenopia are:
* work on the computer (irrespective of monitor type),
* reading books on mobile computers,
* long driving of the car, especially in twilight and at night,
* the work requiring constant visual attention
* long reading,
* daily viewing of telecasts,
* incorrectly chosen glasses,
* incorrectly organized lighting indoors.
Most of regular users of personal computers begin to complain of health in 4 hours and practically all - in 6 business hours behind the monitor. The strongest exhaustion is caused by work with computer graphics.
Treatment of the Syndrome of visual exhaustion (Asthenopia):
The research of visual functions at the people, within several years working behind screens of computers revealed decrease in the functions of sight in comparison with age norm and the big frequency of short-sightedness in comparison with people of the same age which are not connected with the computer. At the persons showing the above described complaints, all these changes were expressed more sharply. The research of influence of the work with the display on sight showed that for the working scheme there is a reduction of volume of accommodation, and at some users temporary, so-called false short-sightedness develops.
In modern life not to do without computer any more. But how from "inevitable evil" to turn it into really useful assistant?
Do not neglect visit of the ophthalmologist, and do not self-medicate.
Use special computer glasses for work.
Limit operating time at the computer no more than 4 hours a day.
Do obligatory pauses in operating time at a short distance every 20-30 minutes. In each hour of hard work give to eyes of 10-15 minutes of rest. The best - to look for a window: to admire a landscape, transferring a look from close objects on distant, or just on the sky.
The correct organization of a workplace and rational operating mode is of great importance. Adjust situation and illumination of the monitor, and also illumination of a workplace and the room. Avoid sharp differences of light - for example, works in the dark room with brightly lit monitor.
Observance of rules for children and teenagers is especially important. Children are recommended to spend time at the personal computer only with the cognitive purpose.
Use special glasses with progressive lenses in which the zone of clear vision corresponds to movement of a look during the work at various distances. Use of such points for intensive PC users reduces visual exhaustion.
Work in a convenient pose. Good blood supply is important for good sight and prevention of an asthenopia. Therefore, coming off the monitor, do physical exercises or massage of a collar zone.
Use special drops for eyes. For therapy selection surely consult with the ophthalmologist.
At observance of the listed recommendations irritability and headaches decreases, the emotional state and working capacity improves.