- Symptoms of the Chronic lymphostasis
- Reasons of the Chronic lymphostasis
- Treatment of the Chronic lymphostasis
The lymphostasis is pathology of outflow of a lymph from different degree, beginning from lymphatic capillaries and peripheral absorbent vessels of extremities and other bodies and to the main lymphatic collectors and a chest channel. A large number of people faced such problem as swelled extremities. Any inflammatory process is followed by pain and hypostasis. However such phenomenon not constant.
It is much worse when swelled constant when the extremity is thickened, skin becomes dense, and eventually when the disease progresses, there are ulcers, the disease – a lymphostasis develops. Occurs swelled absorbent vessels which becomes the reason of development of an acute or chronic lymphostasis. As a result, increase in an extremity in volume, skin becomes rough, dense, also hypodermic cellulose, further a hyperkeratosis and cracks is condensed. Still this disease is called elephantiasis. The chronic lymphostasis turning into elephantiasis can develop from – for many the reasons. If elephantiasis inborn, then it is combined with vascular spots, different forms of a dysplasia of an extremity.
Symptoms of the Chronic lymphostasis:
There are 3 stages of development of a lymphostasis:
1. Spontaneous reversible swelled a lymphostasis. Swelled rather noticeable, it is possible to pressure him a finger, it is a lymphostasis in a progressing stage. The patient sees significant increase in volume of an extremity, swelled falls down in the morning, but becomes former in the evening. In such stage of a course of a disease, the person very seldom goes to the doctor.
2. Spontaneous irreversible swelled, it is the most started lymphostasis form. Hardening of skin happens through growth of connecting fabric, for this reason any more not such soft swelled. Skin is strongly tense, and is very sensitive, at a bigger tension pain is already felt.
3. Irreversible fibrosis, cysts swelled a lymphostasis. The sore extremity changes the contour owing to the damaged fabrics. The lymphostasis accepts an extreme stage of elephantiasis.
The extremity becomes badly mobile, because of development of an adjusting contracture, big weighting of an extremity, the deforming osteoarthrosis, all this breaks function of extremities.
Reasons of the Chronic lymphostasis:
Reasons of a lymphostasis chronic following: traumatic occlusions, gaps, crossings of lymphatic ways because of injuries (bruises, fractures, dislocations, burns, operations), roentgenotherapies, at a prelum hems, tumors, the metastatic block of lymphatic ways and nodes.
Other reasons of a lymphostasis are:
- Tumors high-quality and malignant lymphatic system;
- infections (usually staphylococcal) and parasitic (in tropical countries);
- happens that the lymphostasis develops in time of operations, during special removal or radiation of limfuzl during elimination of a cancer tumor;
- injuries at which absorbent vessels and lymph nodes are injured (burns, radiation exposure, mechanical damage).
Treatment of the Chronic lymphostasis:
Treatment: conservative therapy only at early stages of a disease when there are no permanent organic changes of soft tissues of the affected extremity.
The complex of conservative actions includes: 1) bandaging of an extremity elastic rollers; 2) the drugs improving a trophicity of fabrics (B1 vitamin ascorbic acid, Riboflavinum), peripheric circulation (Halidorum, Nospanum, etc.) and microcirculation (компламин, trental, solkoserit, etc.); 3) the desensibilizing means; 4) the drugs possessing nonspecific antiinflammatory action (Rheopyrinum, Butadionum, etc.); 5) drugs of gialuronidazny action (lidaz) and biological stimulators (vitreous); 6) physiotherapy exercises, physiotherapeutic and balneological treatment.
Conservative treatment gives temporary and short effect. The only encouraging method of treatment of elephantiasis is surgical. The set of various ways of surgical treatment of this disease is offered that to suite telstvut about dissatisfaction of surgeons with results of surgical interventions. Until recently plastic surgeries which essence consists in partial or full excision sclerous of the changed hypodermic cellulose and a fascia on the affected extremity enjoyed the greatest popularity.
However big injury of the specified operations, a possibility of a fatty embolism, danger of infection of a wound and necrosis of a skin rag, bad cosmetic effect and a frequent recurrence caused further searches which resulted in the idea of creation of a direct limfovenozny anastomosis, i.e. pathogenetic the reasonable operation directed to improvement of a lymph drainage from the affected extremity.