- Intoxication symptoms
- Intoxication reasons
- Treatment of Intoxication
Intoxication (Greek — poisonous) — the disease state caused by action on an organism of exogenous toxins (e.g., microbic) or harmful substances of an endogenous origin (e.g., at toxicosis of pregnant women, a thyrotoxicosis).
* Unlike the word poisoning, the word intoxication in Russian makes narrower, professional sense, and describes actually the phenomenon, but not external influence (compare: "Rasputin's poisoning").
Distinguish two periods during toxicosis.
* The first period — the period of generalized reaction. It has various options of a current: toxicosis with an entsefallichesky syndrome, toxic encephalopathy neurotoxicosis, intestinal toxicosis, toxicosis with dehydration (toxicosis with an intenstinalny syndrome), Kishsh's toxicosis (gipermotilny toxicosis), a fulminant form of toxicosis, Waterhouse-Frideriksen's syndrome (toxicosis with acute adrenal insufficiency).
* The second period — the period of localization of pathological process can be characterized by the following options — Ray's syndrome (toxicosis with a liver failure), Gasser's syndrome, the Gemolitiko-Uremichesky syndrome (toxicosis with an acute renal failure) and a toksikoseptichesky state.
At children risk factors of developing of toxicosis are the birth trauma or existence of inborn and hereditary diseases of TsNS, disbolism preceding vaccination, the postponed infections etc.
During generalized reaction in a picture of toxicosis neurologic frustration dominate, the condition of a "unnatural" dream alternates with the excitement periods. With development of coma there can be a full loss of consciousness.
In cardiovascular system disturbances of a peripheral blood-groove, skin "mramornost", tachycardia, the loud, clapping cardiac sounds, decrease in the ABP, a diuresis will prevail. Digestive tract dysfunctions at toxicoses are shown by vomiting, a diarrhea, intestines paresis, anorexia.
Damage of a liver and kidneys at toxicosis is characteristic and is continuous. Indispensable components of a clinical picture of toxicosis are pathology of water and electrolytic exchange of a deviation in an acid-base state. The hemorrhagic syndrome is expressed in various degree: from single petechias on skin and mucous membranes to profuse bleeding testimonial of the disseminated intravascular coagulation.
Many diseases, poisonings soprovodzhatsya by intoxication. Intoxication against the background of acute adrenal insufficiency (Waterhouse-Frideriksen's syndrome), a liver failure, a gemolitiko-uraemic syndrome meets, at pregnancy, sepsis, high temperature, practically at all infectious diseases.
Treatment of Intoxication:
Intoxication means complex treatment — first-aid treatment, removal from an organism of poisons, identification of the reasons of poisoning and the subsequent introduction of specific antidotes. For treatment of pregnant women as a rule appoint out-patient treatment, with the subsequent control of dynamics of body weight. As for vomiting of the second and third degree (average and heavy) that she demands treatment in a hospital. The doctor diagnoses severity of vomiting being guided by results of researches: clinical and biochemical analysis of blood, analysis of urine, ECG and assessment of the general state (pulse, complaints etc.). It is necessary to fight against displays of early toxicosis in a complex. Treatment is included drugs which influence TsNS, normalize endocrine and exchange disturbances, vitamins and antihistamines. In addition to the appointed treatment it is necessary to observe the medical and guarding mode. Usually employees of a hospital try not to place in one chamber of two women with this disease as the recovering woman can have a recurrence. Heavy vomiting demands acute management. The indication for abortion will be: a serious general condition inefficiency of treatment in the next 6-12 hours development of acute yellow dystrophy of a liver development of OPN.
The complex of methods for treatment of poisonings includes the following:
* First-aid treatment, resuscitation, at an opportunity — immediate removal of poison from an organism, exact identification of the reason of poisoning, introduction of specific antidotes;