- Retinopathy symptoms
- Retinopathy reasons
- Treatment of the Retinopathy
Retinopathy — noninflammatory defeat of a mesh cover of an eyeglobe. Vascular disorders which lead to disorder of blood supply of a retina are the main reason.
Retinopathy of premature — the serious illness of eyes which is developing preferential at deep-premature children, followed by changes in a retina and a vitreous.
Progressing of a retinopathy leads to deterioration or loss of sight.
In development of a retinopathy of premature allocate 3 periods.
1. Active (to 6-month age), including changes of vessels of a retina (change of arteries, a phlebectasia, crimpiness of vessels, an opacity of the vitreous body, hemorrhages in a vitreous, formation of separations and ruptures of a retina with retina amotio.
2. The involution period (from 6-month age till 1 year). It is possible at early stages of the active period before changes in a vitreous.
3. The cicatricial period (after 1 year of life). Is followed by formation of a myopia of average and high degree, gaps and amotio of a retina, development of a phacoscotasmus, increase in intraocular pressure, reduction of eyeglobes (subatrophy).
The retinopathy is often shown as a complication of an idiopathic hypertensia, a diabetes mellitus and other general diseases.
Major factors of risk of development of a retinopathy premature is the following:
* small term of a gestation (that is fruit maturity degree)
* low body weight at the birth
* intensity and duration of IVL and oxygen therapy (stay in couveuse)
* the accompanying fruit pathology
* existence at mother of chronic inflammatory gynecologic diseases during pregnancy, bleeding in labor.
The retinopathy of premature arises owing to premature births with the subsequent nursing of newborns in oxygen couveuses. Oxygen makes an adverse effect on eye tissues, causing the active growth of vessels of a retina that in the subsequent leads to considerable decrease in sight.
Treatment of the Retinopathy:
Treatment of a retinopathy depends on a process stage. Allocate 2 main directions:
1. Conservative — an instillation of the drops appointed by the ophthalmologist. Most often it is vitamin and hormonal drugs.
The choice of a method of surgical intervention depends on a process stage. As a rule carry out laser or cryosurgical (liquid nitrogen) coagulation of a retina or a vitrectomy (removal of a vitreous) by experienced surgeons-ophthalmologists in specialized medical institutions. A half of patients has a tragic discrepancy between a successful surgical solution (that is technically successfully performed operation) and lack of sight of the operated patient. The set of the reasons and factors leads to such unsatisfactory results. The underdevelopment of photoreceptors of a retina and their damage as in the course of the retinopathy concern to them. and when performing surgical treatment, existence of the heavy accompanying TsNS pathology, inborn damage of the carrying-out visual pathways and the subcrustal centers.