- Cataract symptoms
- Cataract reasons
- Treatment of the Cataract
The cataract is a disease of an eye which leads to decrease in sight. A cataract expressed in a phacoscotasmus (an internal lens of an eye which participates in refraction of light beams).
There are several stages of development of a cataract:
The first stage - an initial cataract, follows it unripe, the last stage - a mature cataract.
There are different types of a cataract:
- traumatic cataract;
- inborn cataract;
- the complicated cataract;
- age cataract;
- secondary cataract;
- beam cataract, etc.
The person with a cataract sees the world around is indistinct, dimly. The closer opacification is disposed to the center of a crystalline lens, the sight is worse. At the person short-sightedness can appear or amplify. Elderly people with senile far-sightedness notice that at them unexpectedly for some time sight close improved. At a cataract of people hardly transfers bright light. Lamps, headlights of cars and other light sources give patches of light. The image can appear doubled.
Origins of a cataract can be the most various:
- various harmful factors connected with a profession;
- injuries of eyes and head;
- such diseases as lupus erythematosus and diabetes;
- disturbances in development during the pre-natal period;
- age disturbances of exchange processes in a crystalline lens.
Treatment of the Cataract:
Treatment of a cataract can be only operational as by means of medicines and therapeutic treatment it is impossible to return transparency of a crystalline lens, and as a result - full-fledged sight
At the market there is a set of drops which slow down development of a cataract, but do not cure it.
If you note sight loss, then you should not tighten and wait for maturing of a cataract because an eye can lose sight absolutely.
It is worth addressing professionals who will perform to you operation and will remove a cataract. Treatment of a cataract is just necessary.
There are several ways of removal of a cataract.
Fakoemulsifikation of a cataract – a crystalline lens leaves by means of its crushing by ultrasound. The sizes of cuts do not exceed 1,5 - 2 mm.
Tunnel extraction of a cataract - in this case a muddy crystalline lens is removed through small cuts (at most 3,5 mm) which are pressurized independently. And to the place of the dimmed crystalline lens establish an artificial transparent lens.
Advantages of operation:
- Both above-named operations, are absolutely painless as they are carried out using intravenous anesthesia.
- Duration of operation makes from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Stitches after carrying out operation are not put.
- After operation the patient does not remain in hospital, and in three hours can already leave home.
- As a result of treatment of a cataract sight is completely recovered. But, it is recommended to have nevertheless every year examinations for own tranquility.