Bipolar affective disorder
- Symptoms of Bipolar affective disorder
- Reasons of Bipolar affective disorder
- Treatment of Bipolar affective disorder
Before bipolar disorder was called a maniacal depression. This acute affective frustration or frustration of mood which is characterized by sharp differences of mood. Bipolar disorder this difficult state at which the mania leads to sleeplessness that can last for several days, to hallucinations, nervous breakdowns, a disorientation and attacks of paranoia.
This difficult genetic disease. The differences of mood happening at this disease can fluctuate from attacks of an acute or clinical depression to maniacal behavior or a condition of excessive euphoria. These differences of mood can be shown both in easy, and in the most irregular shape, and several minutes or last hours. If these differences often repeat, such state is called the repeating cycle.
Along with differences of mood at people thoughts are confused to bipolar disorder. To become it it is difficult to perceive the world and to function in society.
Symptoms of Bipolar affective disorder:
Symptoms of a clinical depression at bipolar disorder include:
* overeating or loss of appetite;
* it is difficult to concentrate, remember details and to make the decision;
* frequent fatigue and decrease in vital energy;
* sense of guilt, uselessness and hopelessness;
* feeling of a hopelessness and/or pessimism;
* sleeplessness, early awakening, excess drowsiness;
* loss of interest in hobbies and a hobby, including sex;
* resistant physical symptoms that will not respond to treatment, for example, a headache, gastric gripes or a gastric disturbance;
* constant feeling of despondency, fear or exinanition;
* irritability, the excited state;
* thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts;
Symptoms of maniacal behavior at bipolar disorder:
* The incoherent and confused thoughts
* Grandiose inventions
* Inappropriate sense of euphoria
* Inappropriate irritability
* Inappropriate social behavior
* The loud speech and a bystry manner to speak
* Incorrect judgments
* Severe form of sleeplessness
While bipolar disorder of the first degree is characterized by maniacal behavior, bipolar disorder of the second degree is characterized by an easy form of a maniacal state, a so-called hypomania. It also differs in attacks of easy and average degree of a depression. According to definition, induced in the Diagnostic and statistical guide to mental diseases, volume 4 which is published by the American Psychiatric Association the difference between a maniacal state and a hypomania consists in "weight of its manifestation".
Hypomania symptoms at bipolar disorder include:
* The increased need for a dream
* Excessive focusing of attention at work or a household
* The inspired and excited mood
* The increased trustfulness
* The raised creativity and working capacity
* The increased vigor and sexual desire
* Reckless behavior
* The behavior connected with risk for life
Reasons of Bipolar affective disorder:
Today the reasons provoking emergence of bipolar disorder are not known. Only the fact that this disease is descended is precisely known.
Treatment of Bipolar affective disorder:
Treatment consists of purpose of stabilizers of mood, for example литиум. Also for stabilization of mood anticonvulsants, neuroleptics and benzodiazepines can be used. Sometimes together with stabilizers appoint antidepressants, with the purpose to improve depressive mood. Also, to strengthen effect of antidepressants, the doctor can appoint excitants.