- Pancreas Pseudocyst symptoms
- Pancreas Pseudocyst reasons
- Treatment of the Pseudocyst of a pancreas
Pseudocysts of a pancreas represent the sacks filled with liquid in a stomach which may contain pancreas tissues, enzymes of a pancreas and blood.
Pancreas Pseudocyst symptoms:
Symptoms can arise during from several days to several months after a pancreatitis attack, and include:
* Abdominal distention
* Constant pain or a deep abdominal pain which can be also felt in spin
* Difficulties in the use and digestion of food
Tests which can help to diagnose pancreatic pseudocysts include:
* Belly KT
* MRT of an abdominal cavity
* Ultrasonography of an abdominal cavity
Pancreas Pseudocyst reasons:
The pancreas is body, located behind a stomach which produces chemicals (so-called enzymes) necessary for digestion of food. It also produces hormones, insulin and a glucagon. Pancreas pseudocysts most often develops after an episode of heavy, acute pancreatitis. Pancreas pseudocysts zhelezyostry pancreatitis is sudden hypostasis (inflammation) of a pancreas. Pseudocysts of a pancreas can happen at the person to chronic pancreatitis. It can also occur after a stomach injury, is more often at children.
Treatment of the Pseudocyst of a pancreas:
Treatment depends on the size of a pseudocyst and on symptoms. Many pseudocysts leave in itself. Those which remain within more than 6 weeks and more than 5 cm in the diameter, often need treatment.
Possible treatment includes:
* A drainage through skin by means of a needle, as a rule.
* Surgical drainage of a pseudocyst.
Result, as a rule, good. It is important to be convinced that it is not a pancreatic cancer which begins in a cyst.
* Abscess of a pancreas can develop if pseudocysts become infected.
* Pseudocysts can become torn and cause serious complications.
* Pseudocysts can press on nearby bodies.
The rupture of a pseudocyst is emergency situation. You ring acute management if you develop symptoms of bleeding or shock, such as:
* Fever and fever
* Severe pain in a stomach
The way of prevention of pseudocysts of a pancreas is prevention of pancreatitis. If pancreatitis is caused by stones in a gall bladder, as a rule, it is necessary to remove a gall bladder.