- Symptoms of Arterial hypotension
- Reasons of Arterial hypotension
- Treatment of Arterial hypotension
Arterial hypotension (from other - Greek ὑπό — under, below and lat. tensio — tension) — a lowering of arterial pressure more, than for 20% of initial/usual values or in absolute figures — is lower than 90 mm of mercury. systolic pressure or 60 mm hg average arterial pressure. The isolated decrease in diastolic pressure, for example, at insufficiency of semi-lunar valves of an aorta or at a thyrotoxicosis, it is not accepted to call arterial hypotension (hypotonia). The lowering of arterial pressure only on one hand (as, for example, at Takayasu's disease) also should not be carried to arterial hypotension as the last assumes the general lowering of arterial pressure, more precisely - decrease in the central arterial pressure.
I95.0 Idiopathic hypotension of I95.1 Orthostatic hypotension of I95.2 the Hypotension caused by I95.8 medicines Other types of hypotension of I95.9 Hypotension not specified
Arterial hypotension (Hypotonia) can be a consequence of a nerve strain, it often develops as an effect of infectious and other diseases and at insufficient or chaotic food, deprivation diets, an imbalance in the ratio of rest-hours and work.
Average arterial pressure = diastolic arterial pressure + third of pulse. Pulse arterial pressure = systolic — diastolic.
Symptoms of Arterial hypotension:
* weakness, drowsiness;
* sensitivity to weather changes;
* emotional instability, apathy;
* absent-mindedness, memory impairment;
* slackness in the mornings;
* the increased perspiration;
* thermal control disturbance (cold brushes and feet);
* sensitivity to change of climatic conditions;
* an otdyshka and strong heartbeat at exercise stresses;
* a headache, usually stupid, pulling together, holding apart or pulsing more often in frontotemporal or parietofrontal area;
* tendency to a motion sickness, nausea.
Also at hypotonia faints are possible. Most often they happen in stuffy and hot rooms, and also when driving in city transport, especially when the hypotensive is in vertical position. At dizziness and a presentiment of a faint to a hypotensive it is necessary either to accept horizontal position or to sit down so that the head to put on knees.
Hypotonia results in day drowsiness and to disturbances of a night dream (disorder of backfilling and a rhythm of a dream) why fatigue and weakness only amplify. Hypotensives need more time for a dream, than 8-12 hours are recommended usually, not 6-8, and. They hardly waken in the morning, but even after a long dream of feeling of cheerfulness and freshness usually does not happen.
Reasons of Arterial hypotension:
Depending on a form arterial hypotension can be caused by the following reasons:
* At the trained athletes (physiological hypotension)
* Adaptation to highlands conditions (physiological hypotension), and also hot workshops, tropics and subtropics (in these cases it can be connected with excessive sweating)
* Sharp decrease in volume of the circulating blood (blood losses, burns)
* Heart failure
* Decrease in a tone of blood vessels (acute anaphylaxis, septic shock)
* Injuries of a head and spinal cord
* neurosises, psychological injuries, a chronic sleep debt, chronic fatigue because of an imbalance in the ratio rest-hours and work, stresses, depressions both others apathetic and dejectednesses.
* Orthostatic hypotonia — the sudden lowering of arterial pressure which is shown when the person rises after long sitting on cards or lying.
Fluctuations of arterial pressure at rest up to levels of hypotension are considered usually as separate hypotonic type of somatoformny vegetative dysfunction of heart and cardiovascular system (frustration at which vegetative regulation of a tone of arterial vessels is broken), but can be also manifestation and panic frustration and other neurosises and mental disorders. Secondary chronic arterial hypotension arises against the background of such diseases as: brain injuries, depression of function of a thyroid gland, adrenal glands, a pheochromocytoma and so forth, intracranial hypertensia (can be a consequence not only head injuries, but also a rotational incomplete dislocation or dislocations of a cervical vertebra of C1 (at (chronic) birth, obstetric trauma, owing to accidents at children and adults, including, at somersaults, sometimes - just careless sharp turn of the head)). Arterial hypotension can arise during pregnancy, is characterized by a low tone of arteries.
Treatment of Arterial hypotension:
Healthy lifestyle — the best way of prevention of hypotonia. This balanced diet, exercise stresses, good rest and procedures strengthening vessels (massage, an alternating douche, a hydromassage, swimming).
It is necessary to avoid stresses. It is important to derive pleasure from work, to feel necessary and irreplaceable both at work, and in a family. Negative emotions for a hypotensive often become the decisive factor provoking a sharp and severe lowering of arterial pressure.
Also it is worth controlling independently the level of arterial pressure and to have regular routine inspections at the cardiologist.