- Symptoms of the Asthenic syndrome
- Reasons of the Asthenic syndrome
- Treatment of the Asthenic syndrome
The asthenic syndrome is the state which is shown increased fatigue and an exhaustion, easing or loss of ability to long physical and intellectual tension.
Symptoms of the Asthenic syndrome:
At an adynamy at patients the irritable weakness which is expressed a hyperexcitability, easily changing mood, irascibility which amplifies in the second half of day and by the evening is observed. The mood all the time lowered patients are whimsical, tearful, constantly show to people around discontent.
Also the intolerance of bright light, loud sounds, pungent smells is characteristic of an asthenic syndrome. Headaches, frustration of a dream in the form of the increased drowsiness or persistent sleeplessness, disturbance from the autonomic nervous system are quite often observed (it innervates blood vessels and internals). The patients suffering from an adynamy are dependent on weather. When falling atmospheric pressure at them fatigue can increase and amplify irritable weakness.
At the asthenic syndrome which developed owing to organic (with change of structure of a brain) brain diseases, memory suffers, storing of the current events is broken generally.
Asthenic frustration, as a rule, develop gradually, their intensity increases gradually. Sometimes the first displays of a disease are the increased fatigue and irritability which are combined with impatience and constant aspiration to activity, even in the situation contributing to rest – "the fatigue which is not looking for rest".
Manifestations of an adynamy depend on the reasons which caused it:
• the adynamy after various acute diseases quite often accepts character of a condition of emotional weakness and hypersensitivity that is combined with intolerance of emotional pressure;
• after the postponed craniocereberal injury asthenic frustration are expressed by irritable weakness, flow of thoughts, headaches and the expressed vegetative disturbances (differences of arterial pressure, attacks of strong heartbeat, rushes of blood to the person, heartaches and so on), in that case speak about astheno - a vegetative syndrome;
• in an initial stage of an idiopathic hypertensia the adynamy accepts the nature of "the fatigue which is not looking for rest";
• at atherosclerosis the adynamy is shown by sharply expressed fatigue, irritable weakness, tearfulness, bad mood;
• at schizophrenia the adynamy is shown by dominance of a mental exhaustion and disproportion of the last with the degree of intellectual tension lowered by activity.
Reasons of the Asthenic syndrome:
The asthenic syndrome can be a consequence of a long emotional or intellectual overstrain, and also many mental diseases. Often the adynamy arises after acute infectious and noninfectious diseases, intoxications (for example, poisonings), craniocereberal injuries.
The asthenic syndrome can arise in an initial stage of some diseases of a brain, at a hypertension, atherosclerosis, encephalitis. Asthenic frustration are inherent to also initial stage of schizophrenia.
There is this disease most often at people with weak or unbalanced type of higher nervous activity, but can develop also at persons with strong, excitable and brake type of higher nervous activity. Emergence of an adynamy is connected with exhaustion of nervous elements because of excessive power consumption, a hyponutrient, disturbance of intracellular exchange, poisoning with toxins of an internal or external origin.
In general the adynamy can be considered as the adaptive reaction which is followed by reduction in the rate of exchange processes and reduction of intensity of activity of various bodies and systems with the subsequent possibility of recovery of the broken processes.
Treatment of the Asthenic syndrome:
Treatment of an adynamy directly depends on the reasons which caused it. First of all, the basic disease comes to light and treated. Besides, the symptomatic treatment directed to removal of the main symptoms of a disease is carried out. To the patient the special mode – regular alternation of a dream and rest, release from work, change of a surrounding situation, occupation as physical exercises, sport, tourism is appointed. Drug treatment includes fortifying means, vitamins, for reduction of irritable weakness appoint tranquilizers. Resort also to physiotherapeutic procedures (an electrosleep, an electrophoresis with medicines and so on), to massage, remedial gymnastics, sanatorium treatment. Psychotherapeutic methods of treatment and methods of reflexotherapy help.
The forecast at an asthenic syndrome depends on character of the basic disease which caused this state.